The True Slime King (Early Access)
A downloadable game for Windows
The True Slime King is single player hardcore puzzle platformer with a focus on tight controls, challenging maneuvers, and mind-bending puzzles. All of this is achieved with just three buttons: left, right, and jump. Use your sliminess to stick to walls and cling to ceilings in order to avoid obstacles and reach hidden items. Whether you're a speed demon crushing records or you're just interested in progress through the story mode, one thing is guaranteed: you will die a lot in the process. But don't worry, you'll be respawned and back in the action just as fast as you can die.
- 115 hand crafted levels that ease you into mastering the controls and solving complex puzzles.
- Large overworld with hidden secrets to reward exploration.
- Soundtrack of 39 original songs that are sure to keep you on the edge with their electrified chiptuney-ness.
- In-game level editor for making your own levels and puzzles.
- Replay system to race against yourself and reflect on all of your failures.
About Early Access
This game is in early access. The following is what I'll be working to finish before the full release:
- Adding Corrupt Mode (new game+) to the game (doubling the Story Mode content with new challenges and puzzles).
- Listening to community feedback on Story Mode and tweaking the difficulty and level ordering accordingly.
- Improve user interface.
- Polishing the Level Editor.
- Polishing Quick Play Mode.
- Adding small features here and there. Making things more beautiful
- Bug fixes.
I'm a one person team, so while I'll be working hard to get these things done, don't expect fast updates.
You can find more information on the website: http://www.thetrueslimeking.com
Save $5 if you buy the soundtrack and game together.
|Published||48 days ago|
|Release date||44 days ago|
|Tags||2D, chiptune, Difficult, Level Editor, Pixel Art, Puzzle-Platformer, Side Scroller, Singleplayer, slime|
|Average session||A few seconds|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Subtitles, Configurable controls, Interactive tutorial|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $20 USD. You will get access to the following files: